Monday, January 14, 2013

Book Project *Freebie

Well....I believe this was THE craziest Monday I have had in a long time. Despite a full...busy....long day.... I wanted to come home and share a few things on my blog. I have a really cute freebie...well, the freebie is basic. But the cover page is a-dor-able! It is so cute that I used the same clip art in another resource (a file folder game) that I finished tonight.

Read Book Review and Author Q/A Here 

Tonight I am sharing a book project that I usually use as an activity for students who are on a learning contract. I have also used this activity as a take-home project. It goes perfectly with the book I shared on my blog yesterday, Ellen's Broom by Kelly Starling Lyons. It prompts the students to create a story scrapbook which is great for an extension activity. Because Ellen's Broom is a story based on family tradition and a joyous occassion, creating a scrapbook book report is a great way to capture some of the historical events in the book.

This easy to differentiate activity can be used with any narrative fiction text during workshop time, independent work time or as a take-home project. I've also included a simple rubric that makes it easy to grade. 






Click the image to download or follow this link

Do you use book projects in your classroom or at home? If so, I would love to hear your ideas! Feel free to share in a comment! Have a great week : ) 

Psssssssst! Don't forget to follow this blog!







Coming soon: 





No comments:

Post a Comment