Friday, August 16, 2013

Five for Five!

I am looking forward to getting back into blogging regularly! I especially look forward to all of the cute linky parties that go on every week! Today I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching's Five for Five Weekly Linky Party!

So....here I go! This week was a shopping week for sure! I stocked up at Staples where I got 120 notebooks for 20 cent each....30 each in red, blue, green and yellow! I also snagged some great classroom tools from Michaels and Target! The highlight of my week was taking a Lakeshore trip with two of my favorite teacher friends!


This entire month I have been celebrating my birthday! My actual birthday is Monday, August 19th but, I work hard--I deserve the entire month ; ) Well, every year for my birthday I make a list of goals that I would like to achieve by my next birthday. Last year, since I turned 35, I decided to make a list called, "40 before 40". I also did a "30 before 30" when I turned 29. A few things that were on the top of my list are: Obtain National Board Certification, publish my first book Summer in the City, start my own publishing company, grow my TPT business, run a 5k...check, check, check, check,  almost checked! FYI in the pic below, that is me at some of the Bday celebrations...the best was going to see Beyonce <3! 


I run my first 5K tomorrow with my sisters for my birthday : ) I am excited but I heard it  is very upbeat and family friendly so I don't know if I will be "running" the whole time...some people said that it was a lot of dancing and having fun. It is still very exciting and I am really looking forward to it! I started running a year ago and since then I have shaved over two minutes off of my time. Last year this time I was running a 14+ minute mile (and yes sometimes I felt like power walkers were passing me, lol). But this past summer my fastest mile was in the 11's and I average 12:58 when running 2+ miles! I am proud of the progress I have made; my goal is to run more 5K's, eventually a half marathon and maybe....and that is a strong maybe....I will run a marathon. Aren't those stickers on the back of your car COOL...Yes I really want a 13.1 on the back of my car : ) 

On a slightly somber note....as we start this school year, my union, the Phildelphia Federation of Teachers and my school district are going through some major changes. I am always reluctant to talk politics on my blog as it relates to public education; however, I will say this....There was the possible threat of schools not opening on time due to a serious budget crisis...since then things have changed in regard to our contract that hasn't gone over so well with the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers. With that said....I am predicting a challenging year as the union and the district work to agree on a working contract.... I attended an important meeting this week and plan on attending future rallies. On a positive note, I love what I do and look forward to meeting my new students in September and regardless of what goes on politically, my students will get a top notch learning experience while in my care! 


In fact, I will be doing some more shopping come Sunday because I have a cart load FULL of things I want to purchase to start my school year off right!! Don't forget to stop by my blog this weekend, I will be hosting a very very special giveaway!! If you will be shopping during the TPT sales, I have a sale you don't want to miss! 


Thanks for stopping by! Feel free to share your thoughts, in the comments below! I hope to post 5 new things next week--- hopefully I'll have pictures because I pray I can get into my classroom a few days! 



 photo thisone.png
Pin It
Visit my TPT for more resources and activities. Be sure to follow my store to get regular updates on new items added to my store. Pre-K, Kindergarten, First, Second, Third, Fourth, Fifth, Sixth, Seventh, Eighth, Ninth, Tenth, Eleventh, Twelfth, Higher Education, Adult Education, Homeschooler, Staff - TeachersPayTeachers.com

1 comment:

  1. Sorry to hear about the upheaval in politics!! I hope things settle down quickly!! Not only for the kids sake, but also for yours - There is nothing worse than worrying about outside things when trying to teach your kids!!
    Erin
    The E-Z Class Follow on Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete